Dental Crowns in Melrose, MA
If you have missing or damaged teeth, a dental crown (single tooth) or bridge (multiple teeth) can help restore the function and aesthetics of your smile. Even for patients who are diligent about their home care, it is not uncommon to need a tooth repaired or replaced at some point, and durable dental crowns at Exquisite Dentistry are an excellent solution.
If your smile needs restoration with a dental crown, Dr. Talluri will restore your teeth with only the finest dental materials, providing strength and durability you can trust, with the aesthetics you desire. Our team has extensive experience with restorative dental treatments, providing top dental crown services in Melrose and beyond for beautiful, functional, long-lasting results!
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap or cover that is placed over a damaged or decayed tooth. It’s used to restore the shape, size, strength, and appearance of the tooth. Crowns can be made from different materials such as porcelain, metal, or a combination of both. They are custom-made to fit your tooth and are cemented in place by Dr. Talluri. Dental crowns can also be used to cover a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment, to protect a weak tooth from further damage, or to attach a dental bridge.
Porcelain Dental Crowns
A dental crown is a false tooth made of ceramic porcelain that is designed to cap and cover your entire remaining tooth structure and protect it from further damage. These prostheses may be necessary if you have a severe cavity that is too large to treat with a composite filling. If a cavity is too large, attempting to fill it may compromise the tooth structure and simply cause more damage. After root canal therapy, a dental crown is necessary to protect and cover your tooth. A dental crown is also necessary to complete the dental implant process.
Typically, a dental crown is recommended when a tooth has become seriously damaged due to tooth decay or an oral injury, but they can also be used for cosmetic purposes. For example, if you have a tooth that is healthy but small or misshapen, a dental crown can be used to create a seamless, beautiful smile.
When Dr. Talluri recommends a tooth crown, it is typically for these reasons:
- Decayed tooth that is more than a filling can repair
- Severely cracked, fractured, or broken tooth
- Strengthen a tooth treated with root canal therapy
- A single tooth replacement for a dental implant
- To cover chipping, discoloration, or other cosmetic imperfections.
At our Melrose dental office, our team will design a crown to cover your entire tooth structure, fitting over your remaining tooth like a “cap.” Usually, we make it out of ceramic porcelain, which is customized to match your teeth and blend flawlessly with your smile. However, sometimes, gold is recommended for durability for molars at the back of your mouth that take the brunt of your biting force, and you won’t see when you smile.
Our other durable dental crown materials include:
- Metal crowns. These are made of various metals, such as gold, silver, or platinum. Metal crowns are highly durable and can withstand biting and chewing forces well. They are often used for molars, where their strength is needed.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns. These are a combination of metal and porcelain. The metal provides strength, while the porcelain provides an attractive, tooth-like appearance.
- Zirconia crowns. These are made of a very strong and durable ceramic material called zirconia. They are highly resistant to wear and can last for many years.
- E-max crowns. These are made of a type of porcelain called lithium disilicate, which is known for its strength and natural appearance. E-max crowns are highly aesthetic and are often used for front teeth.
At Exquisite Dentistry, Dr. Talluri will consider several factors, such as the location of the tooth, the amount of tooth structure remaining, and your personal preferences, when recommending a type of dental crown for you.
How Much Do Dental Crowns Cost?
The cost of a dental crown can vary depending on the type of crown and the location of the tooth. Keep in mind that dental insurance may cover some or all of the cost of a dental crown, depending on the terms of your policy. It’s best to check with your insurance provider to see what your coverage is for dental crowns.
At Exquisite Dentistry we offer dental financing options which spread out your payments and help fit dental crowns into your budget!
Restore Your Smile with a Durable Dental Crown
If you have a tooth that needs repair or replacement, it’s a good idea to consider treatment as soon as possible to avoid further damage to your smile. Contact Exquisite Dentistry today for more information and to schedule your dental appointment.